Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Greetings from Biblioteks in Sweden!


I'm on vacation with my family in Scandinavia, seeing the mothercountry (pun intended since this is where my mom's family emigrated from). This week, we are in Sweden, and we managed to find some libraries!

Stockholm Stadsbibliotek (Stockholm City Library)
Since it was Sunday and closed, we
couldn't explore inside.





















On Monday, we took the train to Växjö, where my mom's second cousin lives. He has been a great tour guide and just superb host! He took us to the Växjö Library, too! 



They are also taking advantage of the
Pokemon Go craze.

Sci-fi and fantasy display. I love the round tables!
















Can you figure out which one this is?




No matter what country you're in, everyone
loves Harry Potter!















Here is what the typical stacks looked like. I like how they have a
good number of books on display right at eye level (the shelf right
below the top one). It makes good sense in my mind and
allows for a greater number and variety of books to be on display. 

[All pictures were taken by me or a family member with my phone at my request.]






No comments:

Post a Comment